Acer seemed to have gotten rid of its cold feet when it comes to commitment with the Iconia Smart, where the Taiwanese computing giant has promised that said smartphone will hit the market sometime this September after some hiccups. While there were no specific reasons as to why the Iconia Smart was delayed, whispers going around the grapevine point towards the Japan earthquake which might have proved to be the determining factor.
Just what does the Iconia Smart bring to the table? Well, you will get a 1GHz processor running proceedings from within, while the rather generous 4.8″ display does not disappoint with its resolution at 1,024 x 480 pixels, with Android 2.3 Gingerbread running right out of the box. You will get an 8-megapixel camera at the back, while a 2-megapixel front-facing camera will cater for all your video call needs.
The FCC filing documents point towards the Iconia Smart arriving at North America sometime down the road, although Acer Germany’s official Facebook page suggests a €499 price tag.RELATED
- Samsung Could Be Working On Transparent Displays With Rear Touchscreen Controls
- Some Galaxy S5 Models Rumored To Come With LDS Antenna Technology
- LG: Flexible Displays Will Account For 40% Of The Market In 2018
- Honda's Smartphone Case N Comes With Air Bags
- Samsung SM-G900F Shows Up In Shipping Manifest
- Follow: acer, iconia, smart,
- Seen at: electronista