A few months ago at the BlackBerry world event, people weren’t too pleased when RIM only announced one new device at the show – the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930, because there were quite a number of BlackBerry phones that were leaked prior to the event and everybody was expecting those other phones to be revealed as well. The phones probably weren’t ready or finalized back then, but it looks like they’re ready today. RIM has officially announced the specs of the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930, BlackBerry Torch 9810 and BlackBerry Torch 9850/9860 on its website today. Here is a rundown of what to expect from those phones:
The BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 is what we’ve seen before: a 1.2GHz processor, 768MB of RAM, 2.8″ touchscreen display (640 x 480), 8GB of storage (expandable SD card slot supports up to 32GB), Voice Activated universal search, NFC capabilities, HSPA+ support, 5-megapixel rear camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, optical trackpad and a QWERTY keyboard.
The BlackBerry Torch 9810 has been leaked before as well, but never officially announced. It packs a 1.2GHz processor, 8GB of onboard memory (expandable SD card slot supports up to 32GB), 768MB of RAM, 3.2″ 640 x 480 display, 5-megapixel rear camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, slide out QWERTY keyboard. It looks pretty much like the original Torch, albeit with a different back.
The BlackBerry Torch 9850/9860 will be a larger version of the Torch, featuring a 3.7″ 800 x 480 display (the largest for a BlackBerry device), a 1.2GHz processor, 768MB of RAM, 4GB internal storage (expandable SD card slot supports up to 32GB), GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, and a 5-megapixel camera.
All three phones will be running on BlackBerry 7 OS. No word on pricing or release date, except for the Bold which is said to be arriving on August 31st. Anybody excited for these new phones?
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2012-01-09: BlackBerry 7.1 OS released
- 2012-01-03: BlackBerry Porsche P'9981 available for pre-order now
- 2011-05-02: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 officially unveiled
- 2010-06-15: BlackBerry 9800 Slider To Be Dubbed The Torch?
- 2010-08-03: BlackBerry Torch goes official, arrives via AT&T this August for $199.99