The replacement to the original BlackBerry Torch, the Torch 9850 has been talked about, leaked in photographs, and now – spotted as a rendered press shot, thanks to the folks at pocketnow.com. But RIM still has yet to officially announce the device. With a rumored August 21 release date for the phone, the press materials leaking today seems about right.
The Torch 9850 will be the CDMA version of the 9860, formerly known under the names of Monaco and Monza. It will feature a 1.2GHz processor, a 3.7″ display, BlackBerry OS 7, and NFC capabilities. Expect the phone to be announced sometime soon in the coming weeks. With the first Torch not exactly breaking ground for RIM, let’s hope this next generation model will fare better.
Next Story: Motorola Pax spotted
- 2013-01-10: Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, And T-Mobile Confirm Support For BlackBerry 10 [Updated]
- 2011-09-29: BlackBerry Curve 9350 confirmed for Sprint October 2nd
- 2011-08-16: New BlackBerry Bold and Torch release dates and details unveiled
- 2011-08-11: New BlackBerry phones arriving on Sprint - August 21st
- 2011-08-04: BlackBerry Torch 9860 arriving in the UK in August?
- 2011-08-03: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930, BlackBerry Torch 9810, BlackBerry Torch 9850/9860 officially announced
- 2010-11-07: BlackBerry Torch Now Available In Red And White At AT&T Stores
- 2010-12-02: Flyer Gaffe Shows BlackBerry Torch Running Android And MotoBLUR