Nikon certainly broke new ground in the past with the integration of projector capability into a digital camera last year, with the S1100pj paving the way, and so, it is about time for an upgrade to the device, don’t you think so? The company’s next-generation projection camera is known as the Coolpix S1200pj, where it sports a brighter 20-lumens pico projector in addition to featuring support for iOS-powered devices – and that means iPads, iPhones and iPods are able to work with this particular shooter – all the way to a 60″ display. Heck, you can even stream video content off YouTube onto the S1200pj to watch it on a wall.
The camera is able to shoot 14.1-megapixel when you aren’t using it to watch a movie, while zooming in up to 5x from afar in addition to recording High Definition videos at 720p – no Full HD support here though.
Needless to say, if you are going to use the projector function most of the time, the battery is not going to last very long at all, so make sure you know what you are going to use it for. The Nikon Coolpix S1200pj will retail for $430 when it arrives sometime next month. [Press Release]
Next Story: DIY fire extinguisher grappling hook
- 2014-04-10: Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10: Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28: Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2014-03-14: Nikon 1 V3 Official Sample Photos Released
- 2013-09-05: Nikon Coolpix P7800, S02 Cameras And LD-1000 LED Movie Light Announced
- 2013-01-29: Nikon Coolpix S5200 Picks Up FCC Approval
- 2013-01-29: Nikon Coolpix S9500 Is A Compact Camera With A Powerful 12X Zoom
- 2013-01-29: Nikon's Coolpix P520 Camera Boasts 42X Optical Zoom Lens
- 2013-01-29: Nikon Coolpix AW110/AW110s Are Hardy Shooters