The folks over at mobilesyrup recently took a photograph of an unannounced Samsung device at the Samsung Mobile concert last night in Toronto. Looking a lot like the Galaxy S 2, the phone features a larger screen but is missing the optical trackpad – a feature of the phone. In fact, it looks a lot like a cross between the Galaxy S 2, Nexus S and the Infuse. Seeing how there hasn’t been any other Samsung phones announced recently, speculations have pinned the phone as the Samsung Hercules.
The Hercules has been rumored about earlier this year, but there hasn’t been any news or footage about the device recently until now. The Hercules is said to features a large 4.5″ Super AMOLED display (480 x 800), Android 2.3 Gingerbread, a dual-core Qualcomm 1.2GHz APQ8060 SoC, NFC support, a thickness of 0.37″, 16GB internal ROM, 1GB of RAM, a microSD card slot (supports up to 32GB), an 8-megapixel rear camera, and a micro USB port.
When comparing the previously leaked illustration of the phone with the photograph, it matches up nicely – but to be honest it is a pretty generic design anyway, so that’s not saying much. But if the recently spotted phone really is the Samsung Hercules, let’s hope it’s a sign of the phone’s imminent arrival.
Next Story: Pottermore website targeted by scammers
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2011-11-10: Samsung Illusion pops up in Verizon's Infocenter
- 2011-11-07: Leaked Verizon roadmap shows Galaxy Nexus release date
- 2011-10-18: Samsung Nexus Prime promo poster leaked
- 2011-10-11: Nexus Prime name outed by Samsung?
- 2011-10-10: Could this be the Samsung Galaxy S III?