Back in the day when I was a whole lot younger, being an Iron Man meant having a fully pumped up bod, as interest in the Iron Man comics were at a low ebb, since mutants had always proved to be hot property. Well, the casting of Robert Downey Jr. in the Marvel movie as Iron Man proved to be a masterstroke, reviving interest in said Avenger, but what about the ordinary man like you and I who have no capability to ever invent a suit like that? You can always buy one – while it won’t turn you into one of the earth’s mightiest heroes, it will still make you a formidable opponent in a brawl with the Sarcos XOS 2 exoskeleton.
Touted to be 5 years away from production, this wearable robotics suit will help augment your strength thanks to a system of high-pressure hydraulics, sensors, actuators, and controllers. Not only that, your agility isn’t hampered as you can still play soccer, although we won’t recommend you jump into a tackle with this puppy unless you want to get red carded.
This is an interesting exoskeleton that might go a long way in the construction industry as men won’t tire out so easily, and for folks who need assistance in getting around due to their frail bodies, the XOS 2 is certainly a modern marvel to be wondered at. Hopefully it isn’t going to burn a huge hole in your pockets when it is finally available.
- 2014-04-04: Robot Exoskeleton Allows 4-Year Old Girl Work Her Arms
- 2014-03-03: Body Suit Turns You Into Superman
- 2014-02-27: President Obama: We Are Building Iron Man. Maybe.
- 2013-12-17: Get Your Own Iron Man Mark III Suit For Just $1,999
- 2013-11-19: TALOS “Iron Man” Suit For US Army Could Enter Testing By 2017
- 2013-11-18: 3D Printed Iron Man Helmet Opens And Closes Through Nodding Of Your Head
- 2013-10-10: US Military Looks To Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit (TALOS)