Love the portability of your laptop but just wish you had some extra real estate to work with? Sure, you could always connect it to an external display, but seeing how bulky and huge current monitors are – would you like to carry them around with you as well? AOC, a company that specializes in computer monitors has announced the launch of a new solution for folks always on the move but don’t want to lug a giant monitor or laptop around.
Called the AOC USB Monitor, it is a lightweight display that features a built-in USB port which you receives both power and signal via a USB cable for plug-and-play usage. It doesn’t even need a power cord or a VGA cable and can even function in dual and multi-monitor setups. Besides improving your productivity and multi tasking with the larger screen, it can be used as a presentation device as well, for those times when you’re caught without your projector.
The AOC USB Monitor is 16″ in size, 5ms response time, 50,000,000:1 contrast ratio and a 1366 x 786 resolution. It comes with a built-in Smart Stand that is foldable and supports the monitor in both portrait and landscape modes. It will go on sale with an MSRP of $139 in October 2011. Find out more.
Next Story: iPhone 5 to be announced 5th October?
- 2014-04-03: AOC Launches 24-inch Gaming Monitor With 1ms Response Time
- 2013-08-20: AOC e1659Fwu USB-Powered Lightweight Display Improves On The Original
- 2013-05-17: Palm-Sized Portable Iron Runs On USB, AA Batteries To Deliver Wrinkle-Free Clothes
- 2012-01-04: AOC USB LED monitor
- 2011-12-20: AOC e2343Fi display features an iOS dock
- 2011-12-09: Brookstone's docking station for the iPad is portable
- 2011-12-05: Vibroy Portable Vibrating Speakers turns daily objects into amplifiers
- 2011-11-11: Intelligent Fingerprinting introduces first portable fingerprint drug testing device
- 2011-10-26: ZyXEL MWR102 portable wireless router
- 2010-10-27: AOC Unveils 0.5-inch Thin LED Razor Displays