If you’re a MobileMe user, then chances are pretty good that you would have realized that Apple’s MobileMe service has been nothing but down for the past few hours, where the current system status page at time of publishing points towards email, web apps and Find My iPhone still being affected by the outage.
Around 25% of users are affected when it comes to email, which is quite a sizeable amount although definitely not as serious as what we’ve seen earlier today – where the figure touched as much as 75%.
Of course, we cannot fully expect services like MobileMe to be issue-free all the time, but to have a widespread outage like this, and for a prolonged period of time? These are rather rare, so we’re still not quite sure what’s behind the outage as nothing has been revealed. As Apple is preparing to launch its iCloud service in order to replace MobileMe in due time, perhaps they’re doing some stuff on the back end which has resulted in the outage?
Were you affected?RELATED
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Study Finds iPhone Most Expensive In Jordan And India
- Follow: Apple Inc, mobileme, outage,