Is less really more? I guess that is what the Audi Urban Concept believes in, although the vehicle does seem to hail from a future past – sporting design cues of the first generation of vehicles, although you can be sure that the whole thing is nothing but pure 21st century goodness. This open-wheeler will tip the scales at 454 kgs (that is 1,000 pounds for those who aren’t on the metric system), seating only two – which is a disappointment, since surely not only your partner would love to get into this ride, but the rest of your mates as well.
The exterior boasts of carbon fibre reinforced plastic, where a couple of e-tron electric motors will help propel the 1+1 with ‘powerful’ acceleration. There will also be a hardtop version of the Urban Concept, where Audi dubs it the Sportback, but it has yet to be seen. Do expect some rather similar styling cues, except for a hardtop that will keep you and your hot new date safe and dry from the rain whenever you go out for a spin on this.
Next Story: Logitech Revue now available for $90
- 2014-03-11 Audi Traffic Light Recognition Has Fuel Saving Potential
- 2014-03-10 Audi Teams Up With AT&T To Bring 4G LTE To Cars
- 2013-06-03 Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC Prototypes Shown Off
- 2013-05-15 Erick Tseng Envisioned Electric Display Wrapped Around Phone
- 2013-04-08 Renault Concept Car Boasts Of Neon LED Cocoon
- 2013-04-03 Meet Pars, The Aerial Rescue Robot
- 2013-04-03 Phinergy Air Car Concept
- 2013-01-22 Audi Intelligent Swarm Tail Light Concept
- 2011-06-29 Concept Audi electric bike is sleek and minimalistic
- 2010-05-19 Self-repairing Audi A9 concept - a must for any debonair spy