When it comes to iPhone 5 case leaks, there are plenty floating about the internet, and generally they’re from obscure companies based in China that you and I probably have never heard of before. Now it looks like Case-Mate, an established and well-known manufacturer of cases for a variety of Apple products, may have accidentally leaked what appears to be an iPhone 5 case.
Based on the product screen shots as pictured above (now removed from Case-Mate’s website), Case-Mate seems to think that the iPhone 5 will be wider than the iPhone 4 and will feature a tapered aluminum back like the iPad 2. Of course these aren’t actually photos of the iPhone 5 since it’s highly unlike Apple will be providing the device to case manufacturers this early in the game. They’re more than likely a rendering of what the device could look like, unless of course Case-Mate knows something we don’t.
Case-Mate also seems to believe that Apple will launch an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4s, which is a cheaper version of the iPhone 4 with some minor changes. We’ll have to take this at face value since just about everyone claims to have inside sources. So what do you guys think? Does Case-Mate, an established and well-known case maker for Apple products, know something that we don’t, or is this all just a little stunt to gain some publicity?
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-12-06: Mofone iPhone case allows for a better grip, may cause weird looks
- 2011-11-09: Dream Watch 4 iPhone casing looks futuristic
- 2011-11-09: Vooma Peel PG92 brings dual-SIM capabilities to your iPhone
- 2011-10-12: Keystone ECO Slider Keyboard for the iPhone 4/4S
- 2011-09-16: iPhone 4 Bumper Case to be discontinued? (Rumor)