I’ve always wondered just how humans would be able to square up against cyborgs if it ever boils down to such a situation in the future. Unless you are a Force practitioner like Obi Wan Kenobi, surely going up against someone like General Grievous is suicide? Punching metal isn’t my idea of fun, but perhaps the idea of a cyber warrior is a bridge between “now” and the future, with the US military working on the concept.
Cyber warriors will be interconnected in their very own way similar to how a soccer team works – imagine “continuous play, with offensive and defensive [skills] at all times” on the battlefield – operating and defending within the same cyberspace.
This would definitely require a far larger infrastructure to support a global cyber footprint, where positions will need to be filled by Cybercom headquarters in addition to its service components. Perhaps we will just make do with tech-enhanced soldiers at the moment before something far more ambitious can be achieved.RELATED
- HDT Self-Driving Machine Gun Robot Being Tested
- Boston Dynamics LS3 To Gain Bulletproof Capability
- Some Soldiers Affected Emotionally When Their Robots Go “Boom!”
- Prototype Aerial Drone “Walks” On Its Wings, Too
- Inflatable Arm Makes Anti-Bomb Robot Safer And Lighter
- Follow: military, robot, robotics, robots,
- Seen at: tmcnet