I’ve always wondered just how humans would be able to square up against cyborgs if it ever boils down to such a situation in the future. Unless you are a Force practitioner like Obi Wan Kenobi, surely going up against someone like General Grievous is suicide? Punching metal isn’t my idea of fun, but perhaps the idea of a cyber warrior is a bridge between “now” and the future, with the US military working on the concept.
Cyber warriors will be interconnected in their very own way similar to how a soccer team works – imagine “continuous play, with offensive and defensive [skills] at all times” on the battlefield – operating and defending within the same cyberspace.
This would definitely require a far larger infrastructure to support a global cyber footprint, where positions will need to be filled by Cybercom headquarters in addition to its service components. Perhaps we will just make do with tech-enhanced soldiers at the moment before something far more ambitious can be achieved.
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland
- 2011-12-07: Body sharing robot lets you transcend space
- 2011-12-04: Flying robots construct 20-foot tower in France
- 2011-12-02: Quadcopter robots is a work in progress
- 2011-12-01: Guide robot at the Bucheon City Hall
- 2011-11-15: Scout robot is versatile, can perform kamikaze bombing if required