After being leaked in press shots last week, the HTC Amaze 4G was officially announced by T-Mobile today, along with the Galaxy S2. Previously known as the HTC Ruby, the HTC Amaze 4G will be one of the most powerful phones available on T-Mobile. It packs a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor, a 4.3″ qHD super LCD display, NFC capabilities, Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread with HTC Sense, and HSPA+ 42 connectivity.
The phone is also touted to have the most advanced camera experience of any smartphone – it features an 8-megaxpixel camera that is capable of 1080p HD videos, a backside illuminated sensor for low light performance, zero shutter lag, dual LED flash and shooting options such as SmartShot, PerfectPics, SweepShot, ClearShot HDR and BurstShot.
Sounds like the perfect phone for consumers looking to replace their current phone and camera with one device. The HTC Amaze 4G will be available nationwide on October 12th, while online pre-sales will begin on October 10th. The phone will retail for $259.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and 2-year contract on T-Mobile. Find out more.
Next Story: T-Mobile introduces Samsung Galaxy S2
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2012-05-22: Android 4.0 update for HTC Amaze 4G now available
- 2011-09-30: HTC Amaze 4G caught in the wild
- 2011-08-16: HTC Ruby to be renamed Amaze 4G?
- 2011-06-11: Walmart selling the HTC Sensation 4G early
- 2011-06-01: HTC Sensation 4G arriving on T-Mobile this month