Remember HTC’s $300 million deal with Beats Audio? Well, that union has brought about the first love child – the HTC Sensation XE, which we did talk about in the past in the form of a special edition for the HTC Sensation. It will come in a rather menacing black and red color scheme, and essentially, this is but your regular HTC Sensation, although it will come with the Beats Audio branding to boot. What can you expect if you decide to pry the case open?
Well, we start off with a 1.5GHz processor within, while the rather high capacity 1,730mAh battery would definitely be able to let you enjoy hour after hour of uninterrupted audio playback – and for watching movies, too. Up front, the 4.3″ qHD resolution display does not seem to be that hot these days in terms of real estate, but it should do the job nicely.
Other hardware specifications include an 8-megapixel camera that not only shoots great looking photos, but capture Full HD resolution 1080p videos as well. Want to do video chats? No problem, as there is the VGA front-facing camera, while 768MB RAM is augmented by a microSD memory card.
Each purchase comes with a pair of Beats headphones no less, not to mention relevant handset tweaks to make sure all the added audio power can be harnessed to the maximum. Arriving in Europe and Asia later this month, the HTC Sensation XE is said to retail for €589 thereabouts.
Next Story: SCORP: Small Portable Reconnaissance Robot
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2013-10-03: Beats Audio Will Make It To The HTC One Max
- 2013-09-27: HTC Sells Remaining 25 Percent Stake In Beats For $265 Million
- 2013-08-19: Beats Rumored To Buy Back HTC's Stake In Their Company
- 2011-08-31: HTC Sensation Special Edition with Beats technology on the way
- 2011-08-15: HTC Vigor first Beats Audio smartphone?