When the iPhone launches, usually it’s the lucky folks in the states who get their hands on the device first, with the rest of the world watching in envy and eagerly anticipating when they will be able to get their hands on the iPhone. Well, while we can’t be sure if the UK will be getting the iPhone at the same time as the US, an apparent date for the next-generation iPhone has been leaked by O2.
According to KnowYourMobile, one of their tipsters allegedly made a call to O2’s customer service hotline where he/she was told (by accident?) that they should be able to expect the iPhone 5 to arrive on the 21st of October. No additional specs or information was given out other than the purported release date.
Now we can’t confirm the veracity of the tipster’s story, it seems highly unlikely that the frontliners of the customer service on telcos will be privy to that sort of sensitive information, especially since Apple has been known for their extra tight security surrounding leaks.
Now if a higher up executive from O2 actually said the 21st of October, it might have been slightly more believable. At the same for all we know, the customer service rep could have been dead-on, but if you’re an O2 customer, perhaps the 21st of October is a date you may want to mark down on your calendar.
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-12-13: O2 UK lets you rent the iPhone 4S
- 2011-09-27: iPhone 5 to be launched 14th October in US, UK, France, Germany and Japan? (updated)
- 2011-08-09: Man in UK to line up for a month for the iPhone 5
- 2011-06-16: O2 UK Will Not Be Bringing In The Blackberry Playbook
- 2011-03-25: Xperia Play Delayed in UK Due to Software Bugs, U.S. Delay Coming?