When is the iPhone 5 coming out? That’s probably a question many are dying to know the answer to, and so far based on the rumors in the past, we’ve come across dates such as vague as “end of September” to “early October”, and more specific dates such as October 7th and October 21st, but now for those tracking the release of the iPhone 5, October 15th is another date you may want to mark down on your calendars.
France Telecom’s CEO Stéphane Richard has reportedly come out and said:
“If I believe what we heard, the iPhone 5 will be released on October 15.”
In the past the rumors have usually come from unknown sources, with sites claiming to have “insider information”, but this time it looks like the date is coming from the CEO of France Telecom himself. Just a quick note, just because it comes from a CEO doesn’t make it any more credible (unless it comes from Apple’s CEO himself), but for a CEO of a major telco to come out and out a possible release date for the iPhone 5 makes you sit up and pay attention because at least there’s a name and face we can attach to the rumor.
The October 15th date seems to corroborate the claims that the iPhone 5 will be launched in October, although the date may simply be an educated guess gleaned from all the previous rumors floating around. Once again, grain of salt and it’s probably best to take this at face value. If the release does not come on the 7th of October, perhaps then the 15th is the next date to watch.
Next Story: Casio Exilim EX-ZR15 starts up in under 1 second
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-05-23: Next iPhone to be smaller and thinner?