We covered a leaked story about the Motorola Droid RAZR more than a week ago, and here is further confirmation that the purported smartphone is very real. It is interesting to see Motorola venture back into RAZR territory – after all, they were more or less a victim of their own success with the entire RAZR fatigue setting in, as phone after phone released post-RAZR failed to live up to expectations. At least the Droid was a turning point for Motorola, and to see them merge the two names together evokes a tingle in my spine.
Rumored specifications of the Droid RAZR include a dual-core 1.2GHz processor, 1GB RAM, an 8-megapixel camera that does Full HD video recording as well, a front-facing camera for video calls, 4G LTE support and a 4.3″ qHD display which is said to feature a 540 x 960 resolution Super AMOLED screen.
To make it even hardier, it is said to come with splash-resistant Kevlar chassis – while it is no Sonim phone by any means, at least it does sound far tougher than what we’re used to these days.
- 2014-04-20: Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20: Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2011-11-27: Motorola Droid RAZR gets a shade of white?
- 2011-11-27: Motorola Droid RAZR source code rolls out
- 2011-11-11: Droid RAZR ad shows how it was designed
- 2011-11-11: Droid RAZR arrives on Amazon Wireless for $111.11
- 2011-10-24: Motorola Droid RAZR sold unlocked for $600