Japan seems to love rugged devices, what with the Fujitsu Arrows waterproof tablet that was announced about a month ago, and now it looks like yet another rugged device for the Japanese market has surfaced in the form of the NEC ShieldPRO N22G rugged PC. It was made available in Japan today and based on its looks, we’re guessing it’s probably going to appeal to a rather niche market.
The N22G has received a International Protection rating of 65, which means that it should be dust proof and water proof, impact and vibration resistant and should be able to withstand drops from 90cm high – rugged indeed!
As far as the specs of the computer is concerned, it will be running on a 1.33GHz Intel Core i7 processor with 4GB of RAM, a choice between a 100GB or 160GB HDD with an optional 32GB SSD, a 12.1” XGA screen and all the typical computer offerings such as USB, WiFi and Bluetooth. It has also been said to feature a battery life of 12 hours with the entire rig said to weigh 2.7kg.RELATED
- Sony Announces Micro USB Flash Drive For Smartphones
- Facebook Reveals New Like And Share Buttons
- Digital Storm Teases Steam Machine For CES 2014
- Spotify Offers Free Ad-Supported Listening On Your Mobile Device Starting Today
- NYC Rolls Out Largest Free Public Wi-Fi Network
- Follow: japan, laptop, nec, pc, rugged,
- Seen at: en.akihabaranews