Japan seems to love rugged devices, what with the Fujitsu Arrows waterproof tablet that was announced about a month ago, and now it looks like yet another rugged device for the Japanese market has surfaced in the form of the NEC ShieldPRO N22G rugged PC. It was made available in Japan today and based on its looks, we’re guessing it’s probably going to appeal to a rather niche market.
The N22G has received a International Protection rating of 65, which means that it should be dust proof and water proof, impact and vibration resistant and should be able to withstand drops from 90cm high – rugged indeed!
As far as the specs of the computer is concerned, it will be running on a 1.33GHz Intel Core i7 processor with 4GB of RAM, a choice between a 100GB or 160GB HDD with an optional 32GB SSD, a 12.1” XGA screen and all the typical computer offerings such as USB, WiFi and Bluetooth. It has also been said to feature a battery life of 12 hours with the entire rig said to weigh 2.7kg.
- 2014-04-23 Grid Autosport By Codemasters Coming This June
- 2014-03-18 Mi World Portable Computing System
- 2014-03-13 Install Xbox One Controller On PC
- 2014-02-05 Apple Clinched 19.5 Percent Of Global PC And Tablet Market In Q4 2013
- 2014-01-27 R-Kaid Revelation Lets You Game In Style
- 2012-05-31 Dell Latitude E6430 ATG
- 2011-12-02 NEC announced waterproof Medias PP N-01D Android smartphone
- 2011-11-09 NEC announces 52" X-info table tablet
- 2011-09-26 ASUS TOUGH shows up in Japan, headed to KDDI
- 2011-01-27 Lenovo and NEC join forces to create Japan’s Largest PC group