Continents are bridged as NTT DoCoMo of Japan and Orange have come together to work on a new 3D smartphone that will arrive in Europe – France specifically, thanks to hardware provided by Sharp in the form of the Sharp Aquos Phone SH80F. Of course, if that is a mouthful to speak (and remember), perhaps a more abbreviated SH-12C would be more advisable? The Aquos Phone SH80F will feature a 4.2″ display which can show off 3D images without the need to wear glasses, dorky or otherwise.
At the back lies a couple of 8-megapixel cameras which enables you to shoot your own 3D content, while the handset also boasts enough processing power underneath the hood to be able to convert images and videos from 2D to 3D in real time, no less, thanks to Qualcomm’s 1.4GHz processor. Just in case the 2GB of internal memory is not enough, there is another 32GB of storage space to play around with using a microSDHC memory card.
Expect this puppy to arrive in France next Wednesday (October 6) for €199 (US$270) a pop as long as you subscribe to an Origami package that starts from €59 monthly, in addition to a €100 cash-back voucher.RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: aquos, docomo, ntt docomo, orange, sharp,
- Seen at: pcworld