It was rumored that Samsung might be digging into their cash reserves to bring webOS, the failed platform from HP, under their wings. Well, good thing Samsung CEO Choi Gee Sung decided to rubbish such rumors at IFA 2011 in Berlin that the South Korean company would “never” pursue a deal.
While it seems that “acquiring an operating system is becoming a fashion”, Samsung themselves have their own Bada mobile operating system that will make an appearance across three Bada 2.0 smartphones to boot, will be working to boost their own software capability instead of concentrating on something else which is not part of the company’s DNA.
What do you think? Is Samsung (or any other company for that matter) better off by not taking over webOS where HP left it, or will the acquisition add more value to a company, depending what they decide to do with it?RELATED
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Fallout 4 Could Be In The Works, According To Leaked Casting Call Documents
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Specs Leaked [Rumor]
- Mario Kart 8 And Super Smash Bros. Pegged For Spring 2014
- Samsung Rumored To Be Involved With Apple's A8 Manufacturing
- Follow: bada, Samsung, webos,
- Seen at: thenextweb