It does seem as though it is updating time over at Apple, where there is now an EFI firmware update for the MacBook Air (mid-2011 release) and the Mac Mini, where these new updates will be known as version 2.2 and 1.4, respectively. It really depends on how you like to receive your updates – via the Software Update route or to make direct download? The choice is yours. Basically, the update for the MacBook Air will fix a bunch of issues that include a more stable Lion Recovery process from an Internet connection, while making sure issues with Apple Thunderbolt Display compatibility and Thunderbolt Target Disk Mode performance on MacBook Air (mid 2011) models are also solved. The update weighs in at 4MB, so it should be a pretty quick one.
As for the Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.4, it will fix a bunch of issues that will obviously improve the stability of Mac mini computers, and comes across as recommended for all users. It does pretty much the same thing as the MacBook Air’s update, which is to enhance the stability of Lion Recovery from an Internet connection, and resolve issues with Apple Thunderbolt Display compatibility and Thunderbolt Target Disk Mode performance on Mac Mini (mid-2011) models.
Next Story: FlashHarp USB now comes in a necklace format
- 2013-12-10 Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19 PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25 Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01 Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18 PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2011-03-31 New Mac OS X update released for 2010 13" MacBook Air
- 2010-04-05 New MacBooks From Apple This Month?
- 2010-05-25 Boot Camp update for MacBook Pros issued
- 2010-09-27 11.6-inch Apple MacBook Air On Its Way?
- 2010-12-08 Apple Posts Update For MacBook Air Display Issues