It does seem as though it is updating time over at Apple, where there is now an EFI firmware update for the MacBook Air (mid-2011 release) and the Mac Mini, where these new updates will be known as version 2.2 and 1.4, respectively. It really depends on how you like to receive your updates – via the Software Update route or to make direct download? The choice is yours. Basically, the update for the MacBook Air will fix a bunch of issues that include a more stable Lion Recovery process from an Internet connection, while making sure issues with Apple Thunderbolt Display compatibility and Thunderbolt Target Disk Mode performance on MacBook Air (mid 2011) models are also solved. The update weighs in at 4MB, so it should be a pretty quick one.
As for the Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.4, it will fix a bunch of issues that will obviously improve the stability of Mac mini computers, and comes across as recommended for all users. It does pretty much the same thing as the MacBook Air’s update, which is to enhance the stability of Lion Recovery from an Internet connection, and resolve issues with Apple Thunderbolt Display compatibility and Thunderbolt Target Disk Mode performance on Mac Mini (mid-2011) models.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow
- Follow: Apple Inc, mac mini, macbook, update,