Using cardboard to replace metal or plastic on a computer isn’t exactly new, normally it’s budget-friendly and free most of the time but not when it comes to BytePac. This “green” cardboard housing which is used to turn your regular hard disk drive into an external USB/SATA drive isn’t for the budget-minded folk. While we’re definitely in favor of using such environmental-friendly products, charging top dollar for what essentially can be picked up for free seems a bit ridiculous.
However, one thing the BytePac does come in kits that have everything you need to make your own external hard disk drive – except the hard disk itself. If you can’t find any boxes lying around the house or pick one up from your local IT store, I guess these BytePac boxes were made for you. Check out a video promo, or head here if you’re interested in purchasing these eco-friendly hard disk boxes:RELATED
- Nokia's New Video Highlights How The Lumia 1520 Was Made Using Recycled CDs
- Fairphone To Start Shipping Later This Month
- Luna Ring Harvests Solar Energy On Moon For Use On Earth
- Shama-Shades Are Solar-Powered Sunnies
- Woosh Water Station Takes A Second Look At Drinking Fountain
- Follow: cardboard, eco-friendly, hard disk, Storage,