Assuming you’re living in Japan, you might be interested to know that there will be an upcoming special edition of a device which is not another Nintendo DS variant or a new PSP color. We’re talking about mobile carrier NTT DoCoMo with their latest limited edition model, the F-12C that will arrive in that part of the world this coming October 28th.
What is so special about this Globetrotter Classic model? Well, there will only be 5,000 units available for starters, so if you are a serious phone collector, I would suggest you start ringing up your contacts there in order to negotiate safe passage for one of these puppies to make their way to your doorstep in due time. The Android-powered F-12C from Fujitsu will be exclusively available only via DoCoMo, where it boasts a Vulcan Fibre rear cover that is made out of the same material as the Trotter Classic travel case, sporting pre-installed wallpapers as well as a classic orange color for the body.
There will be serial numbers to make sure the world knows (and other collectors, too) that this is seriously a limited edition version. Any takers? [Translated Page]
- 2014-03-31: NTT DoCoMo Shows What 1,500 “Phone Zombies” Look Like
- 2014-03-30: NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2013-12-05: Docomo Safety Mode Might Just Save Your Life
- 2013-10-03: NTT docomo Showcases Dragon Quest Metal Slime Smartphone
- 2013-09-30: NTT docomo’s Vuzix M100 Hands-On
- 2011-10-18: Samsung Nexus Prime announced by NTT DoCoMo in Japan
- 2011-06-27: NTT DoCoMo offers phone-to-phone overseas mobile remittance service
- 2011-05-19: Samsung Galaxy S II headed to Japan after FCC approval
- 2011-05-18: NTT DoCoMo has a diverse buffet of smartphones released
- 2010-02-17: Eye-controlled earphones