Remember the Nokia ringtone competition we wrote about in early September? Well, it’s been a month since then, and Nokia has finally announced the winner of the competition. Hailing all the way from Italy, a DJ named Valerio Alessandro Sizzi was chosen as the winner of the $10,000 grand prize, and have his ringtone preloaded onto over 100 million handsets that will be shipped worldwide. While not many people will agree with the decision, he was the first contestant to collect 1,000 likes on his Facebook page for his dubstep remix of the Nokia ringtone (beating 6,200 other entries).
With over 1.4 million visits to the website, the competition was quite a success, drawing entries from all over the world, with many interesting variations including quite a number of “a capella” remixes (if you’ve listened to the entries, you would know what I mean). If you’d like to listen to his winning entry, just head over to the Nokia website, where you can even download it as well. Let us know what you think of it. Did he deserve to win first place?
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns