Who would have thought that the now defunct HP TouchPad could actually still see some use – where the HP hardware team has been caught testing the Windows 8 Preview Edition on the HP TouchPad, which has seen its market price plummet to $99 in an effort to get rid of the inventory soonest possible shortly after the announcement of its discontinuation was made. Of course, this will naturally lead to speculation of the HP TouchPad being revived in the future (with better hardware I would assume) as a Windows 8 tablet – what do you think of that idea?
Of course, some others who are more practical would say the HP TouchPad is going to be dead and buried for good, especially when Windows 8 is said to be released sometime later next year, which would clearly make the current TouchPad obsolete if it isn’t that already at the moment. Well, one thing’s for sure – HP will most probably roll out a Windows 8 tablet in due time, but keep our fingers crossed that it will not turn out the way of the TouchPad.
Next Story: Video games could treat lazy eye
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2011-10-13: Find out how to install CyanogenMod on your TouchPad
- 2011-10-06: HP TouchPad Go clears the FCC, HP gearing for launch?
- 2011-09-30: HP releases more TouchPad promo codes for Splashtop Remote Desktop HD
- 2011-09-28: HP TouchPad on sale for employees – crashes web store
- 2011-09-19: Final batch of HP TouchPads to go to HP employees first