Good news for Motorola DROID X2 owners – it has been reported that Verizon has started pushing out a new maintenance update for the Android phone today. The update which brings the phone’s software up to version 1.3.380.MB870.Verizon.en.US introduces a whole bunch of bug fixes. Folks who haven’t received the update notification can head over to Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates to manually check for the update. As usual, remember to backup your phone before attempting any update – you never know what could go wrong. Hit the break for the full list of changes included in the DROID X2 update:
+ Keyboard remains visible during text input.
+ Input characters are properly displayed during text entry.
+ Device will no longer lockup or reset when using the keyboard.
+ Charging indicator will display only when the device is plugged into a charger.
+ Home key functions correctly while the device is in the desktop cradle.
+ Successfully use the camera after unlocking the device.
+ Video quality has been improved for video recording and playback.
+ Mobile Hotspot password can now exceed 63 characters.
+ Improvement to the device stability limits resets and lockups.
+ The Magic Smoke live wallpaper animation now works properly.
+ Enjoy improved audio when streaming music.
Applications & Widgets
+ When playing MP3s through the Music App, songs will not skip.
+ Avoid YouTube video lockup while viewing.
+ Desktop cradle application starts correctly.
+ No longer receive an error message when purchasing the Let’s Golf App.
Next Story: The Present clock tells the time in seasons
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2011-08-02: Motorola Droid X2 Gingerbread update now online
- 2011-05-13: Motorola Droid X2 release date revealed
- 2011-04-22: Droid X2 press shots leaked
- 2011-04-15: Motorola Droid X2 benchmarked on video
- 2011-04-14: Motorola Droid X2 boot sequence caught on video