While it’s not exactly in everybody’s best interests to have a portable credit card machine that can be brought wherever they go, the technology is available for such purposes. The folks over at NetSecure Payments have recently introduced its Kudos credit card acceptance kit over to the US. The Kudos is basically a gadget that can be used to turn desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones into credit card terminals.
This allows pretty much just about anybody to have a credit card machine at their disposal. Which means merchants will be able to sell products in the middle of a field or even on a bus or train – in areas where there are no ATMs nearby, and people have cards instead of cash to spend. These portable terminals are also suitable for small merchants that previously never had support for credit card transactions due to high upfront costs, monthly fees and complex contracts. Kudos is touted to provide the same services but at a much cheaper price.
Next Story: Digital Storm debuts LaserMark service
- 2014-03-23: California Department Of Motor Vehicles Suffers Credit Card Data Breach
- 2013-11-13: Unencrypted Credit Card And CCV Numbers Stolen
- 2012-12-21: SteelSeries Free Touchscreen Gaming Controls Available For Your Gaming Pleasure
- 2012-07-07: AlertMe’s Remote Heating Control available from British Gas
- 2012-05-13: M_A_C_H_I_N_A MIDI controller jacket
- 2012-05-08: PayAnywhere card payment system debuts
- 2012-04-01: Hackers break into Global Payments, over 50k credit card accounts compromised
- 2012-03-23: National Day of Unpluggging starts today
- 2012-02-21: Contactless credit card can be toggled on or off
- 2012-02-17: Murata succeeds with world's smallest power supply module for smartphones