According to @Black_Man_X, a tipster who’s well-known for his accurate predictions, Samsung might not be the only company to release a stock Android phone this year. For those of you unfamiliar with the term, Google uses “Nexus” to describe its flagship Android phones that carry the pure Android experience. No added bloatware or manufacturer/carrier customizations – just plain Android. So far there have been two Nexus phones – the Nexus One and the Nexus S, with the upcoming Nexus Prime from Samsung being the third.
Well, according to a recent tweet from @Black_Man_X, he hints that there will be other stock Android Ice Cream Sandwich phones launched before the end of the year. There was no mention of which manufacturers will be on board or when they will be announced, but it’s good to know that we’ll have options other than a Samsung phone if we want stock ICS. As usual, take this rumor with a pinch of salt but we’ll keep you posted on any new developments.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2011-10-21: Verizon officially announces the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- 2011-10-21: Sprint Galaxy Nexus coming soon?
- 2011-10-18: Samsung Nexus Prime announced by NTT DoCoMo in Japan
- 2011-10-13: Samsung Nexus Prime/Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich unveiling confirmed for 19th
- 2011-10-07: Real Samsung Nexus Prime specs revealed?