We know that Sony Ericsson has a new flagship device in the works, and it has been given the codename “Nozomi”. Based on the rumors, the device is expected to sport a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, a 4.3” 720p display and a camera with a whopping 12MP. While the rest of the hardware specs of the device still remain a mystery or have yet to be confirmed, alleged EXIF data belonging to the Sony Ericsson Nozomi have surfaced.
Based on the EXIF data, the photo supposedly taken by the Nozomi’s camera features a resolution of 4000×2250, which is in the 16:9 format, much like the Nokia N8’s 9MP camera is set up, while the 4:3 format will fully utilize the 12MP camera. It also shows the camera’s lens sporting an aperture of f/2.4, similar to the iPhone 4S, which means that low-light photography should be an easier affair to handle.
Photos and designs of the device have yet to surface, but if this EXIF data is true, at least one piece of the Nozomi puzzle has been solved. Now we will have to keep searching and waiting in hopes that more details will eventually start to surface over time.
- 2014-04-14: Hawkeye Crime Surveillance System Tested, Proves Effective
- 2014-03-31: Motorcycle Is Actually A Camera
- 2014-03-24: Sony A3500 Camera Launched
- 2014-03-18: Tiny Camera Captures Aorta Selfies
- 2014-02-26: Corephotonics Offers Dual Lens Smartphone Camera Possibility
- 2012-01-06: Sony Ericsson Nozomi leaked ahead of CES
- 2011-12-14: Sony Ericsson to unveil new Xperia phones at CES 2012
- 2011-12-12: More photos of Sony Ericsson's Xperia Arc HD (Nozomi) surface
- 2011-12-12: Nikon D4 specs get leaked
- 2011-12-05: Sony Ericsson Nozomi and two new Xperia handsets leaked in renders?