Now this is a rather interesting twist – Yahoo! Maps is being powered by Nokia, who would have thought? I guess there were clues to such a partnership already, as Nokia and Yahoo! did join forces last year to create an alliance which leverages each others’ strengths in email, instant messaging, maps and navigation services. Yahoo! will now make the switch to using the Nokia Maps platform, where a gradual rollout across the globe is happening, starting with folks living Stateside and in Canada first.
Yahoo! Maps will now benefit from the bunch of new features provided by Nokia Maps, including the latest maps with up-to-date location data/addresses, new routing options that enables users to avoid tolls and freeway, updated road networks and points of interest. Not only that, the Nokia Maps engine has also undergone a certain degree of customization by Yahoo! so that users won’t get shocked with the unfamiliar. The updated interface delivers a new, simplified layout and visual design that has a maximized viewable area and enhanced business listings support.
Are you going to give the new Yahoo! Maps a shot?
Next Story: Evidence of Google's Music Download Store
- New Oppo Find 7 Camera Photos "Confirms" 50MP Camera
- Galaxy S5 Production Will Not Be Hugely Affected By Recent Factory Fire
- All New HTC One Leaked Photos Leave Nothing To The Imagination
- Sony Xperia Z2's Stereo Speakers Compared Against The Xperia Z1
- John Chen's Focus Will Be On BlackBerry's Customer Base