If you’re curious about which carrier has the most customers with the iPhone 4S, the folks over at Localytics have got the answer. According to the results of its recent study, 56% of the iPhone 4S devices that are running apps using its popular analytics platform use AT&T for voice and data services. In second place is Verizon with 32%, while Sprint comes in third with 12%.
While the results aren’t 100% (i.e. not everybody might be running Localyptics apps), it does give us a rough estimate of what the iPhone 4S split is like between the 3 major carriers of the iPhone right now. It’s not surprising that AT&T holds the top spot in this study, mostly due to the fact that since it has more iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 customers than the other carriers, the carrier would have the most customers who are due for an upgrade, hence a larger 4S subscriber base.
Another reason could also be the fact that AT&T is the only carrier to offer HSPA+ (“4G”) for the iPhone 4S. And since AT&T is the only GSM carrier with the iPhone as well, it is the only one to support data and voice at the same time (though I don’t believe it’s such a big factor). But with so many people complaining about AT&T in the past, you would’ve thought that a large number of subscribers would have migrated from the carrier by now. I guess the hassle of switching carriers wasn’t worth the trouble?
To the iPhone 4S users out there: which carrier are you on and why did you choose that instead of the others?
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy Nexus could be delayed in the UK
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-01-16 T-Mobile Sports The Second Lowest Churn Rate For Q4 2013
- 2013-12-01 AT&T, Verizon, Sprint To Offer Moto X For $0.01 On Cyber Monday
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10 Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-09-08 Croatian Woman's iPhone 4S Reportedly Explodes On Bedside Table
- 2013-08-11 Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Unite Against Texting And Driving In Documentary
- 2013-06-23 Walmart Slashes iPhone 5 And iPhone 4S Prices Permanently
- 2011-11-16 AT&T customers remain loyal despite competition
- 2010-03-09 Verizon Sees The iPad As An Opportunity To Sell Data Plans