Good news for BlackBerry PlayBook owners – RIM has just announced a new update for your QNX tablet that will be pushed out today. The update will be sent out over the air (OTA) and will bring your PlayBook OS up to version 22.214.171.12485. It will include the following fixes and updates: an updated version of Adobe Flash Player v11.1 and Adobe AIR 3.1, daylight savings time updates for time zones in the regions of Latin America, Australia and Central America, updated Bluetooth and WiFi software to help improve connectivity, fixed issues some users were experiencing with account payments in the BlackBerry App World storefront, improved synching when restoring apps with BlackBerry Desktop Software.
PlayBook users should start receiving software update notifications on the PlayBook tablet status ribbon, or can manually check for an update under “Software Updates” in the settings menu. All PlayBook tablets that are purchased and activated on or after Thursday November 24th 2011 will automatically be updated to 126.96.36.19985 or later as part of the setup process. For those of you who receive the update, let us know how it goes.
Next Story: Simroid dental training robot gets uprades
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2011-12-20: Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to 2.0
- 2011-12-13: Rooted BlackBerry PlayBook allows USB host support
- 2011-12-09: Next BlackBerry PlayBook to feature 4G LTE connectivity and a higher resolution display?
- 2011-11-30: RIM investigates BlackBerry PlayBook rooting
- 2011-11-23: BlackBerry PlayBook native email, calendar and contacts app spotted