Residents in China who have been waiting for the iPhone 4S to land on their shores will be glad to hear that China Unicom is looking to get their hands on the iPhone 4S before the year is out. At the moment the carrier is waiting for the network access certificate from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology before proceeding.
With the iPhone 4 16GB and 32GB models currently out of production, China Unicom is no doubt looking for Apple’s latest and greatest to fill the gap, although subscribers may have to contend with the 8GB version of the iPhone 4 which is expected to launch soon as well. Granted it’s still the iPhone 4, but its lower price point could encourage adoption of the product and make it an attractive purchase in developing markets such as China.
Alternatively residents of China could always make their way down to Hong Kong where the iPhone 4S will be launched come 11th of November for HK$5,088 (16GB), $5,888 (32GB) and $6,688 (64GB).RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: china, china unicom, iOS, iphone 4, iPhone 4S,
- Seen at: capitalvue