One would normally associate the company Honda with its range of vehicles which offer value for money, and more recently, their efforts in the robotic world with the ASIMO project. Well, we also know that Honda has an interest in keeping the world green for future generations thanks to hybrid models of the Insight, CR-Z and Civic, but their latest hybrid model will not be as large as the aforementioned despite coming with four wheels as well. We’re talking about a hybrid snowblower here.
Yes sir, the latest hybrid model is known as the HS1336i, where it will be powered by a combination of the iGX390 four-stroke OHV engine and a pair of electric motors. The gasoline engine will make sure the auger and fan work just fine, while juicing up the battery which powers the electric motors that drive the tracks. Whenever you decelerate, the engine will function as a generator. Heck, even the braking energy will be harnessed in order to juice up the battery. I’m not quite sure just how much less greenhouse emissions such a hybrid blower will give out, but every little bit counts.
Next Story: Duqu patch attempt failed by Microsoft
- 2014-04-17: New Honda ASIMO Displays More Human-like Movement
- 2014-01-10: Ford Hybrid Semi-Solar Vehicle Could Usher In A New Era Of Green Rides
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-08-20: Mercedes-Benz S500 Plug-in Hybrid Is An Impressive Ride
- 2013-05-07: Terrafugia TF-X Plug-In Hybrid Flying Car
- 2013-04-10: Toshiba Hybrid Tablet Spotted
- 2012-09-10: 2014 Honda Accord Plug-in hybrid makes the 100 MPGe mark
- 2011-07-29: BMW unveils i3 and i8 eco-friendly cars
- 2011-02-09: Honda Fit Shuttle website launches, vehicle rolling out this March
- 2010-01-28: Honda unveils new solar hydrogen station