So you have a 3D capable HDTV sitting in your living room, but what happens when you feel that the viewing real estate is not large enough to accommodate what your eyes (and that of visitors) demand? I suppose the next logical step would be to acquire an even larger 3DTV, but assuming you maxed that out during your previous purchase, what other alternatives do you have to fall back upon? LG’s upcoming 3D projector, also known by its model number CF3DAT, has just been introduced to the South Korean market. To put it in a nutshell, the CF3DAT from LG will be a cinema-class 3D projector which is capable of projecting a 200″ viewing surface, making sure you are able to take advantage of a growing variety of high definition 3D content thanks to its 2D to 3D conversion engine and integrated tuner.
Don’t worry that having a large 200″ projection area is going to affect your image quality – LG claims that the CF3DAT is more than able to project clear and bright images, thanks to its Full HD display (1920 x 1080) which is also supported by a brightness of 1,250 ANSI lumens in 3D mode, making it around half a dozen times brighter compared to other premium projectors. The CF3DAT will make use of the Film Patterned Retarder (FPR) display technology so that you can view it with LG’s own polarized 3D glasses without having to rely on shutter-type 3D glasses that are more expensive and heavier, of course. There is still no word on pricing as at press time. [Press Release]
Next Story: Republic Wireless to offer unlimited data plan
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2012-12-26: LG announces HECTO Laser TV 100" projector
- 2011-01-10: Mitsubishi LVP-HC9000D SXRD 3D video projector
- 2009-06-15: Viewsonic 3D Projectors
- 2010-08-16: LG Introduces Two New 3D Home Projectors In Korea
- 2010-09-01: Sony VW90ES 3D home cinema projector hits the ground running at IFA 2010