Sorry guys and girls – if you were one of those who were extremely excited by yesterday’s news that a playable version of Snake which appeared over at MSN’s homepage might actually be a precursor of things to come – a relaunch of the game Snake in particular, in new Windows Phone-powered handsets from Nokia, then you will be sorely disappointed as Nokia came up with an official statement to break the heart of perhaps millions around the globe, with word that “We aren’t actually re-launching Snake.” While Nokia did admit that the early 2000s favorite is an “iconic, instantly recognizable” game, the buck stops at the ad – and nowhere else.
For thsoe who used to play Snake till their thumbs became sore, but managed to hone their lightning quick reflexes in the past, does this bit of news bother you, or do you think that some classics are better left untouched lest the new one tarnishes the memory of the old?
Next Story: Sprint launches wireless emergency alerts
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2012-04-04: Classic game of Snake played using recorders
- 2012-01-25: Snake '97 for the Lumia
- 2011-12-13: Play Snake on Nokia's blog
- 2011-11-17: No Snake homecoming
- 2011-11-16: Nokia Snake makes a comeback