In conjunction with the release of the Xbox 360 Dashboard update that was made available to selected users today, Microsoft has also launched the revamped Xbox.com website that we wrote about yesterday. In case you missed the post, the new Xbox.com website will have a whole bunch of updates including a Metro user interface, a new Social section and the Beacons feature. Users will also be able to rent/buy movies from the site, and will find it easier to check up on their friends and perform tasks like redeeming Marketplace codes.
The Xbox 360 Dashboard update which was leaked in video footage and then officially announced in October, will also introduce the Metro UI, feature improved Kinect integration, and introduce Bing searching, YouTube videos and Live TV broadcasts to the console. Still no word on when it will officially roll out to everybody, but it shouldn’t be too long now.
Next Story: Energica electric motorcycle looks really mean
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2013-12-16: Shoot Many Robots Free On Xbox 360 Through Games With Gold
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-12-12: Fable Anniversary Hitting Xbox 360 On Feb. 4, 2014 With Bonus Content
- 2013-12-09: Titanfall Debuts Ogre, Stryder Titan Classes In New Trailers
- 2013-11-27: Gears Of War, Shoot Many Robots Free In December For Xbox Games With Gold