While Sony and Logitech are done with Google TV, it looks like Google is picking up new partners to continue its TV-platform. LG was previously rumored to be in, and now there are reports of Samsung wanting a piece of the action as well. Samsung’s president of digital media business, Yoon Book-keun had mentioned to reporters that Google and Samsung are currently in the final stages of their talks.
No word on whether a product will be showcased at CES 2012, but in any case it should be arriving some time in 2012. What do you think of a Samsung-branded Google TV? Seems odd to me, seeing how Samsung already has its own smart TV platform with its own app ecosystem – Google TV would be a direct competitor. Then again, if it’s all about selling Samsung TVs, this would be a good idea. I guess time will tell. What do you think of a Samsung-branded Google TV?
Next Story: Battlefield 3 update to be released today
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-03-03: Microsoft-Nokia Deal Reportedly Draws Concerns From Rivals In China
- 2010-12-20: Google TV Hardware Delayed Due To Software Upgrades
- 2010-04-27: Samsung May Build A Google TV Unit
- 2010-09-07: Samsung Considering Developing Google TV Hardware
- 2010-11-16: Google TV Announcement a Possibility for Samsung's CES TV Plans