If you were planning to get yourself a Samsung netbook, it seems that in an alleged email that Samsung sent to its trading partners, come Q1 of 2012 Samsung will be discontinuing their 10.1” netbook and will instead focus their efforts on ultrabooks which are also expected to launch some time in 2012.
According to the email which reads:
“Following the introduction of our new strategy in 2012, we will discontinue our 10.1-inch (netbook) product range in Q1 2012, for the benefit of ultraportables (11.6 and 12 inches) and ultrabooks to be launched in 2012.”
One of the benefits of the netbook is its size which makes for great portability. However with the introduction of Apple’s MacBook Air and ultrabooks by other companies like Acer and ASUS, super slim designs with fast speeds (thanks to SSDs) make it a more attractive option instead.
What do you guys think? Is Samsung really going to discontinue their netbooks? And if they do, do you think it will be missed?RELATED
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Mac Pro Could Be Getting Ready For Production, According To Recent Flextronics Hirings
- iPhone 5S vs iPhone 5 Hardware Compared In New Photos [Rumor]
- Updated Retina MacBook Pro Rumored To Be Delayed Until October
- Windows 8.1 Drops Messenger In Favor Of Skype Integration [Rumor]
- Follow: discontinue, netbook, Samsung, ultrabooks,
- Seen at: crave.cnet