If you were planning to get yourself a Samsung netbook, it seems that in an alleged email that Samsung sent to its trading partners, come Q1 of 2012 Samsung will be discontinuing their 10.1” netbook and will instead focus their efforts on ultrabooks which are also expected to launch some time in 2012.
According to the email which reads:
“Following the introduction of our new strategy in 2012, we will discontinue our 10.1-inch (netbook) product range in Q1 2012, for the benefit of ultraportables (11.6 and 12 inches) and ultrabooks to be launched in 2012.”
One of the benefits of the netbook is its size which makes for great portability. However with the introduction of Apple’s MacBook Air and ultrabooks by other companies like Acer and ASUS, super slim designs with fast speeds (thanks to SSDs) make it a more attractive option instead.
What do you guys think? Is Samsung really going to discontinue their netbooks? And if they do, do you think it will be missed?
Next Story: Sync by 50 headphones now up for pre-order
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-03-07: Samsung Series 5 UltraTouch Review (13.3")
- 2012-05-03: Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook availability date unannounced
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2012-01-04: Samsung Series 5 ultrabooks now up for pre-order in the US
- 2011-12-16: Dell quits netbook business in favor of ultrabooks