Earlier this morning, we did talk about rumors of Siri for the iPhone 4 being tested by the good people over at Apple. Well, here is more interesting news for you who are really interested in just about where else Siri is going to make an appearance – jailbreak developer Ryan Petrich has just introduced a video that depicts Siri running on the iPhone 3GS. Before you decry the YouTube video after the jump as a fake, bear in mind that Petrich is very famous amongst the jailbreak community mainly for his Activator extension that is able to deliver customized gestures for specific apps and tweaks in the iOS environment. It seemed as though Petrich was working on Activator integration with Siri in order to get it up and running on the iPhone 3GS.
At point of publishing (as well as many years down the road, we’re pretty sure of this), this Siri port cannot be released because of its illegal nature when it comes to the hacking methods to get it working, not to mention the fact that it will also require both piracy and an iPhone 4S jailbreak to get it up and running. I guess there is hope for iPhone 3GS users yet for an official Siri port from Apple.
Next Story: Be wary of iPhone security flaw
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2013-05-01: Siri Co-creator Believes Its Not As Dangerous As Texting While Driving
- 2012-09-24: Siri shows incorrect weather forecasts for New Yorkers
- 2012-08-28: IBM’s Watson is a genius compared to siri
- 2012-07-05: Apple sued again in China, this time over Siri
- 2012-04-30: This iPhone concept comes with a self-destruct feature