While a lot of different headsets can produce great audio, not all of them have a look that appeals to everybody, and judging by V-MODA’s latest entry in its Live Play series, it looks like they’re targeting hardcore music lovers. Called the Crossfade LP2 Metal Headphones, these limited edition headphones feature “legendary DJ-approved acoustics, virtually indestructible military-grade durability and customization options out of the box.”
If you’re wondering, how customizable? Users can choose from an array of over 12 colors of interchangeable ear shields that can also be professionally etched with their own designs. The LP2 Metal Headphones feature 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers and V-Port 3D staging that is energy efficient and capable of recreating the sound of multiple drivers. The driver’s diaphragm is constructed of a harder inner ring for mids and highs and a soft outer ring just for bass.
To add to the headphone’s ruggedness, its cables are detachable and Kevlar reinforced, and are touted to survive over 1 million bends – 100 times of industry standards. It can survive 70+ drops on concrete from 6 feet; and the headband is capable of bending 10+ times flat and still retains its memory and shape. Its MIL-STD-810G grade durability also means that it can survive high and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure.
The Crossfade LP2 Metal Headphones are available today with a price tag of $199 with two sets of plates. Find out more.
- 2014-04-17: Tonino Lamborghini Unveils Trio Of In-Ear Headphones
- 2014-04-04: Sony MDR-HW700DS Is World’s First 9.1ch Digital Surround Wireless Headphones System
- 2014-04-04: Phiaton's Bridge MS 500 Headphones Look Pretty Sleek
- 2014-03-20: Samsung Premium Headphones Lineup Reportedly Coming Soon
- 2014-03-05: Pioneer DJE-2000 And DJE-1500 Headphones Announced
- 2012-12-19: V-MODA M-100 Headphones Now Available
- 2011-08-11: V-MODA Crossfade M-80: rugged headphones
- 2009-11-04: V-MODA headphones unveiled
- 2010-08-05: V-MODA Revolutionary Crossfade LP Over-Ear headphones receive two more colors
- 2010-11-29: AIAIAI TMA-1 Review vs. V-Moda Crossfade Lp