It sure looks like the end of the year is a great period for achieving milestones. Last week we reported that the Android Market hit 10 billion downloads, and today Apple has announced that its Mac App Store has surpassed 100 million downloads. Considering that the Mac App Store has been open in less than a year, that’s a pretty impressive feat.
Apple’s other, more established store: the Apple App Store has been reported to have 18 billion app downloads, with a download rate of over 1 billion apps per month. It is also said to serve over 500,000 apps available for download as well.
With Mac computers and iOS devices steadily making their way into every home around the world, you can be pretty sure these numbers aren’t going to slow down anytime soon.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- Remote App For iOS Updated With iTunes Radio Support
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- Apple Expected To Sell 175 Million iPhones In Fiscal 2014
- Apple's Medical Experts Find Worker Death Wasn't Due To Working Conditions
- Follow: apple app store, Apple Inc, apps, iOS, mac, mac app store, mac os, os x,