It sure looks like the end of the year is a great period for achieving milestones. Last week we reported that the Android Market hit 10 billion downloads, and today Apple has announced that its Mac App Store has surpassed 100 million downloads. Considering that the Mac App Store has been open in less than a year, that’s a pretty impressive feat.
Apple’s other, more established store: the Apple App Store has been reported to have 18 billion app downloads, with a download rate of over 1 billion apps per month. It is also said to serve over 500,000 apps available for download as well.
With Mac computers and iOS devices steadily making their way into every home around the world, you can be pretty sure these numbers aren’t going to slow down anytime soon.
Next Story: China Unicom drops 3G iPad 2 quest
- 2014-03-26: More Workplaces Starting To Use Mac Computers [Survey]
- 2014-03-24: Google Now Lands On Chrome For Windows And Mac
- 2014-03-17: OneNote App For Mac From Microsoft
- 2014-03-13: Titanfall For Mac Is A Possibility, Respawn Discussing It With Aspyr
- 2014-02-21: Mac Users More Likely To Run Latest OS Compared To Windows Users [Study]
- 2011-09-16: Microsoft App Store Approach for Windows 8 Metro Apps
- 2011-07-01: Apple updates Keynote Remote app
- 2011-05-18: Parallels Transporter makes moving from Windows to Mac a breeze
- 2011-05-03: OS X Lion to bring iOS-style uninstalls for Mac apps
- 2011-03-31: Witness turns your Mac into a security camera