Good news fans of The Sims! It looks like EA has decided to release The Sims FreePlay for both the iPhone and the iPad. If the title didn’t already give it away, yes the game will be free to download and to play. The game will allow for up to 16 different Sims with reportedly 1,200 customization options including a select number of pets.
If you were a fan of the franchise on the PC, perhaps The Sims FreePlayer for the iPhone and iPad will be able to provide the same level of enjoyment, or at least close enough. Acting like your typical “freemium” app, the game will indeed be free to download and play, but if you wanted to gain access to additional perks, bonuses or items, you will be able to get your hands on them for a fee.
“The Sims FreePlay app is a huge step forward in our mobile strategy,” said Bernard Kim, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for EA Interactive stated in a released statement. “We’ve taken a franchise that is a best-selling brand in nearly every major video game market worldwide, optimized it for iPad and made it free for all iOS users. That opens the door for our mobile business to continue to grow while immersing new fans in a brand as wildly popular as The Sims.”
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-03: Next-Gen iOS Devices May Have Faster, Power Efficient LPDDR4 DRAM
- 2013-06-03: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS July 18
- 2012-05-02: EA is not closing Rock Band for iOS
- 2012-05-02: Rock Band for iOS to "expire" on the 31st of May?
- 2012-03-06: EA removes The Simpsons: Tapped Out from App Store over server connection issues
- 2011-12-02: Tetris for iOS re-released