We know that the iPhone 5 is set to make an appearance next year – assuming Apple sticks to its schedule of annual releases and puts out a new generation after an “S” phone, but it looks like the folks over at BGR have got some access to early information about the phone. According to its “close source”, the iPhone 5 will launch in fall next year – around the same time as the 4S was released this year.
The iPhone 5 is said to use a rubber or plastic material that will be built into the case – presumably as the bezel surrounding the front edge of the phone. The back of the phone is said to be made from aluminum and will have a redesigned antenna system that surrounds the device. Lastly, the iPhone 5 is supposed to feature a 4″ display as well. As usual, these are just rumors at this point in time – and with no proof or evidence, they’re as good as made up stories but the idea of an aluminum-back iPhone does seem interesting. Stay tuned.
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2012-01-25: iPhone 5 details leaked by Foxconn employee?
- 2011-11-22: Apple to update iOS to support NFC in 2012?
- 2011-11-18: Rumors about the new iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro surface
- 2011-11-15: LG rumored to be building displays for 4" iPhone and 7.35" iPad
- 2011-11-11: iPhone 5 existed as a prototype?