It goes without saying that anything and everything to do with Apple is always a guaranteed crowd puller – after all, Cupertino does churn out top drawer devices time and again, much to the market’s delight. Well, now that the iPhone 4S has been around for some months already, what next? The only logical conclusion would be the iPhone 5, right? German Mac rumor site, Macerkopf, claims that Apple is not only testing out dual-core iPhones, but they are also working on whether quad-core powered iPhones will be able to make the cut into the mass market eventually. Of course, who are we to say that this is not going to happen sometime down the road, considering the extensive testing nature of Apple, but perhaps software developers are not quite ready just yet to write apps that have been optimized for quad-core processing.
Not only that, Apple is also putting to test various screen resolutions for their iPhones, which would most probably mean the current Retina Display’s 960 × 640 resolution will be superceded. Most of the iPhone’s rivals still cannot hold a candle to Apple’s Retina Display at the moment, so Apple might want to keep that as a trump card for a future device, and stick to plain old Retina Display for the moment. What do you think of these rumors?
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-02-13: iPhone Tops Japan Market Share
- 2013-02-05: iPhone Battery Case: Mophie Juice Pack Helium Shipping Next Week
- 2013-01-28: Budget iPhone Could Be A Frankenstein Phone Borrowing From iPhone 5, iPod Touch [Rumor]
- 2013-01-22: Verizon Activates Over 6 Million iPhones In Q4 2012
- 2013-01-15: iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]