We know that Nokia has no plans for a tablet right now with their focus being on Windows Phone smartphones, but who’s to say what the future might hold, right? Well, with Nokia banking pretty much everything on Microsoft’s Windows Phone platform, it’s not hard to imagine that the company could be interested in launching a Windows-based tablet in the future, but that hasn’t stopped designer Cameron McKinnon from coming with a concept Nokia tablet running on Windows 8.
According to Cameron, his design of the Nokia tablet was inspired by Nokia’s MeeGo-based N9 and Sony’s Tablet S which feature a tear-dropped shaped design that supposedly allowed it to rest on a table like a book.
His specifications also includes a whopping 14.3” display (pretty large for a tablet), a 12MP camera with Xenon flash and Carl Zeiss lens, Microsoft’s Kinect motion capture support via the front-facing camera with 64GB/128GB of storage on board, 1GB of RAM, WiFi, 4G support and a variety of USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports with Microsoft’s Windows 8 running the show.
Those are some pretty impressive specs, but are they possible? We’ll leave that up to Nokia’s engineers, but in the mean time if you’d like to check out more pictures of the concept Nokia tablet, hop on over to Concept Phones’ website for the rest of the drawings.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2013-05-14: Nokia Confirms Its Interest In Making Tablets
- 2013-04-05: Nokia Windows 8 Tablet Could Be Real
- 2012-03-12: Nokia Windows 8 tablet to arrive earliest by Q4 2012?
- 2012-01-27: Does Nokia have a Windows 8 tablet in store for us? [Rumor]
- 2011-12-28: Nokia 1 concept tablet features Windows 8 in a slim design