If you’ve ever wondered what websites like Facebook, YouTube or Google+ would have looked like back in 1997, when everybody was using Netscape Navigator, Windows 95 and dial-up modems to surf the web, you’re in luck. A group of internet artists – Olia Lialina and Dragan Espenschied did just that. With their latest art project, Once Upon, they reimagined what those popular websites would have looked like back in the day; and boy, do the sites look ugly!
Say hello to gaudy table borders, terrible fonts, and default-style form buttons. Yes, this was what the internet looked back then, though I’m pretty sure there will be a handful of you out there reading this site and have no idea what I’m talking about (it’s probably for the best) but the rest of you, hit the break to check out more images for a trip down fake memory lane; you’re in for a real treat.
- Over $1.2 Billion Spent Online This Black Friday
- Facebook Rumored To Be Interested In Acquiring Indian Startup Company
- Study Finds Men With Beards Choose The Worst Passwords
- Chrome Might Let Users Try Apps Without Having To Install Them
- Pinterest Launches Its Holiday Gift Guide
- Follow: Facebook, Google+, YouTube,
- Seen at: theverge