Symbian, Symbian, what are we to do with you? You used to be the de facto operating system when it came to mobile phones, but with the introduction of smartphones, your market share started getting chipped away at, and nothing was done until it was a little bit too late, leading to the quagmire that you find yourself in today. Nokia, in fact, has already decided to ditch the Symbian operating system for its smartphones by siding with Windows Phone, although there were a few Symbian Belle-powered handsets that rolled out earlier this year – particularly the Nokia 600, 700 and 701. What about others who own Nokia phones which run on Symbian^3 and Symbian Anna? Word from Nokia has it that those devices will be on the receiving end of the Symbian Belle update sometime early next year.
This is an official confirmation and not just speculation, so you can bet your bottom hard-earned dollar that the Nokia N8, E7, X7, C6-01, C7 and other Symbian-powered smartphones will also be getting the Symbian Belle updates in due time. Are you one of the millions who are looking forward to a totally fresh user experience on your Symbian smartphone?
- 2014-01-02 Nokia Kills Support For Symbian And MeeGo Apps
- 2013-10-07 Nokia To Drop Symbian And MeeGo Support At End Of 2013
- 2013-06-12 Nokia To Make Last Shipments Of Symbian Devices This Summer
- 2013-04-24 Nokia Updates Symbian Belle Feature Pack 1 And FP 2 Phones
- 2013-01-24 RIP Symbian On Nokia
- 2011-10-10 Nokia explains the design process behind Symbian Belle
- 2011-09-23 Belle update in the pipeline?
- 2011-08-24 Symbian Belle launched by Nokia
- 2011-08-22 Nokia launches countdown to "something new on Symbian"
- 2011-07-06 Symbian Anna delayed to end of August, irks Nokia phone owners to no end