Apple will be handing out refunds to those who picked up the rather strange GameStore app which actually popped up last year – or over the weekend (same difference) at the App Store, which makes perfect sense actually. After all, the GameStore app made available in-app purchases for racing games that do not exist, virtually leading those who made purchases get nothing in return. Money for nothing, or so they say. Good thing Apple stepped up to the plate and addressed the situation to customers who were curious enough to make purchases over an email, wording it like this.
You recently purchase the GameStore app. The app was made available for sale prematurely. We apologize for the problem and have refunded the purchase amount back to your account. These funds will be applied to your original payment method within 5 business days.
Do you think Apple will roll out the GameStore app in due time?
- 2014-01-16: Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17: Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11: Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08: Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- 2013-08-01: Google Play Store Has More App Downloads Than Apple App Store
- 2013-07-03: Apple App Store Celebrates 5th Anniversary
- 2013-01-22: Apple Removes 500px Photo Sharing App From App Store
- 2012-06-21: Apple expands App Store reach to another 32 more countries
- 2012-06-08: Retina-ready apps to flood the App Store soon?