In the future, if you’re looking for the next best phone on Verizon, don’t be surprised if it ends up being a Casio instead of some Samsung or HTC device. According to some rumors online, Casio has a superphone in the works that might just fit the bill. A Droid-Life reader was reportedly at a focus group within the last couple of days and saw a couple of phones there, including the aforementioned Casio device.
The Casio device is supposed to be ultra slim (possibly 7.9mm), feature a 4.5″ or 4.7″ Super AMOLED display, a quad-core processor, NFC capability, 4G LTE, an 8-megapixel rear camera, 2-megapixel front facing camera, a 2,000mAh battery, the latest version of Android (which should be Ice Cream Sandwich), and a microSD card slot. There was no mention of the phone’s name but it was likely to be headed to Verizon.
Other devices spotted at the event included 4 different clam shell devices that were ultra-slim, a new G’Zone by Casio, and a white 5″ device. There’s no telling if these reports are the truth and if they are – will they ever come to fruition? Perhaps we’ll find out at MWC next month.
Next Story: Facebook's Timeline has 60 new apps
- 2013-11-14: Casio Exilim EX-10 Announced
- 2013-10-17: Verizon Galaxy S4 Update Build VRUDMI1 Released
- 2013-09-02: Casio Claims They Are Prepared For Smartwatches From The Competition
- 2013-08-08: New Casio G-Shock Watches Come With Bluetooth And Other Features
- 2013-06-25: Verizon Casio G'zOne Commando 4G LTE
- 2013-06-11: Alleged Casio Commando 4G LTE Leaked
- 2013-06-11: Verizon FiOS Mobile For Android Finally Released
- 2013-05-29: Verizon Galaxy S3 Update Brings Multi-Window And More
- 2011-04-21: Verizon Casio G'zOne Commando image leaked