In the future, if you’re looking for the next best phone on Verizon, don’t be surprised if it ends up being a Casio instead of some Samsung or HTC device. According to some rumors online, Casio has a superphone in the works that might just fit the bill. A Droid-Life reader was reportedly at a focus group within the last couple of days and saw a couple of phones there, including the aforementioned Casio device.
The Casio device is supposed to be ultra slim (possibly 7.9mm), feature a 4.5″ or 4.7″ Super AMOLED display, a quad-core processor, NFC capability, 4G LTE, an 8-megapixel rear camera, 2-megapixel front facing camera, a 2,000mAh battery, the latest version of Android (which should be Ice Cream Sandwich), and a microSD card slot. There was no mention of the phone’s name but it was likely to be headed to Verizon.
Other devices spotted at the event included 4 different clam shell devices that were ultra-slim, a new G’Zone by Casio, and a white 5″ device. There’s no telling if these reports are the truth and if they are – will they ever come to fruition? Perhaps we’ll find out at MWC next month.RELATED
- Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.3 Update Screenshots Leaked
- Samsung Apparently Tried To Cover Up An Incident Of Galaxy S4 Catching Fire
- Motorola's Modular Phone Prototype "Pretty Close" To Being Ready
- Android Screen Mirroring To Chromecast Might Be Coming Soon
- Facebook Videos Will Now Autoplay On Mobile
- Follow: Android, casio, Verizon,
- Seen at: droid-life