[CES 2012] Take a look at your pockets and backpack – how many devices do you own that come with their very own charger? Surely you have at least a couple, and the more you have, obviously it will be more difficult to keep track of just which device is on a full tank, while others are running on empty. To make sure you continue the Boy Scout mentality of being ready or prepared at all times, the Innergie PocketCell intends to deliver juice during those crucial moments when you absolutely need to use that particular device.
For instance, you are on a trans-continental flight while enjoying your downloaded movies on a tablet only to realize that you forgot to power it up the night before. Since you aren’t in First Class and do not have a dedicated power outlet, what can you do? Why, plug in Innergie’s PocketCell and you’re good to go.
The PocketCell is a lightweight and compact rechargeable battery bank which will play nice with a gamut of devices, including (but not limited to) iPads, iPhones, Android, and Blackberry smartphones, iPods, media players, and (in Innergie’s words) “more than 10,000 other portable devices.” Its portability would be the winning point, being roughly the size of lipstick holder and weighing tipping the scales at just 2.8 ounces. Expect to fork out $79.99 for this puppy.
- 2014-04-07: StoreDot Intends To Charge Your Handset In Half A Minute
- 2014-03-31: Knock-Off iPhone Charger Explodes, Victim Ends Up With Electrical Burns
- 2014-02-24: Vibrations From Car Harvested To Charge Devices
- 2013-10-03: Harness The Power Of Fire To Recharge Your Phone With FlameStower
- 2012-01-10: Innergie PocketCell for power on the go
- 2011-07-18: Concept Folding Plug makes it hard to accidentally disconnect electronics
- 2011-06-16: Wattbike measures how much power you generate during cycling
- 2011-04-13: Coffee Cup Power Inverter juices up your mobile devices in the car
- 2010-07-21: Cellphone Charger With USB Nanogenerator Concept Keeps Devices Juiced